Serial slugger arrested again hours after release under bail reform law

The homeless man cut loose without bail despite a history of unprovoked street attacks has been busted again — just a few hours after his release, police said Saturday.

Eugene Webb, 26, was arrested Friday night for aggressive panhandling near a bank entrance in Greenwich Village, just one day after he was hauled in for allegedly slugging a 23-year-old woman in the face so hard that two of her teeth were knocked out.

Webb, who police say is homeless, also attacked a second woman near Grand Central Terminal just hours after the Wednesday attack, punching the 35-year-old and kicking the back of her head, prosecutors said.

But despite a long rap sheet of at least four other arrests, Judge Ann Thompson cut the serial slugger loose under the state’s new bail reform regulations at his Friday morning arraignment.

A few hours later, Webb —who grinned as he left court—was back on his old turf in the Village, where cops caught him aggressively panhandling within 10 feet of a Chase Bank entrance on W. 4th Street near Grove Street at about 7 p.m., authorities said.

When the officers tried to stop Webb, he fled into the street.

Police nabbed him at the corner of W. 3rd Street and 6th Avenue, where they searched him and found a glass pipe containing what appeared to be the drug K2, police said.

Webb was hit with a slew of charges, including reckless endangerment, disorderly conduct, criminal possession of a controlled substance, obstructing governmental administration, and two violations of local law.

Webb’s rap sheet includes busts for criminal trespassing, forcible touching, and resisting arrest—all from the streets of Manhattan, cops said.

At his arraignment Friday, Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Ashlyn Rich told the judge there was, “clear and convincing evidence that the defendant is fully capable of moving around Manhattan, at will,” and asked that Webb be held on $10,000 cash bail— but he was freed on supervised release.

Webb’s latest arrest comes just two days after the new soft-on-crime law freed a serial bank robber who allegedly knocked over four banks in less than two weeks—and then robbed a fifth once sprung, law enforcement sources told The Post.

He was awaiting arraignment Saturday in Manhattan Criminal Court.

*story by New York Post