Trans activist arrested for fatal shooting of Massachusetts man had machete assault charges dropped last month

A trans activist in Massachusetts was accused of fatally shooting a man after the victim confronted the activist for spray-painting. The suspect had previous assault charges dismissed after being repeatedly committed for psychiatric evaluations.
[snip]

Srivastava was ordered held without bail on Friday.Court and police records show that Srivastava had a violent history prior to the shooting. According to the Telegram & Gazette, in September 2022, Westborough police said the suspect seriously injured a man with a machete in a movie theater parking lot.

[snip]

Srivastava was later arrested and charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, assault with a dangerous weapon, disorderly conduct, and mayhem. Srivastava was initially held without bail and sent for a competency evaluation. In October 2022, Srivastava was released on $5,000 bail with a tracking device. Another warrant was issued five months later, leading to another competency evaluation.

[snip]

A trial in the machete case was scheduled for July of this year but was dismissed on July 15 due to a “lack of prosecution.” The defense lawyer in that case told the outlet that he believed prosecutors handled the matter appropriately.Now, just weeks later, Srivastava is accused of the deadly shooting after years of being repeatedly committed and released through the court system.

* Original Article:
https://thepostmillennial.com/trans-activist-arrested-for-fatal-shooting-of-massachusetts-man-had-machete-assault-charges-dropped-last-month